“In recent years I have found my clients need affordable and accurate valuations and where to go for these can be a minefield.”
As the daughter of an auctioneer and valuer, it was no surprise when I went into jewellery after leaving University. I have professionally worked in the retail jewellery industry since 1995 where my work has revolved around antique, vintage and modern jewellery and branded watches.
During that time I have attained internationally recognized industry qualifications and affiliations so Fairmind can continue to answer the questions of our clients and advise them effectively.
Over the years I have flown internationally to look after my clients, rubbed shoulders with celebrities and debutants, found engagement rings for star crossed lovers.
Most UK insurance companies require that items of jewellery are valued by a qualified valuer, who can appraise and arrive at a value employing appropriate methodology.
Jewellery is often some of the most treasured items a client can own. Keeping them repaired and their information up to date means they can be cherished by the next generation too.
Memberships, Qualifications and Industry Events
- GA Cert – FGA Foundation from Gemmological Association of Great Britain (GEM-A)
- RJ-Dip – Retail Jeweller Diploma from National Association of Jewellers (NAG)
- CAT – Certificate of Appraisal Theory from National Institute of Registered Valuers (IRV)
- Assessing Mounted Diamonds – from Gemmological Association of Great Britain (GEM-A)
- Regular Attendee of the Loughborough Valuers Conference
- Regular Attendee of International Jewellery London (IJL) Trade Fair