“In recent years I have found my clients need affordable and accurate valuations and where to go for these can be a minefield.”
As the daughter of an auctioneer and valuer, it was no surprise when I went into jewellery after leaving University. I have worked in the retail jewellery industry since 1995 where my international work has revolved around antique, vintage and modern jewellery and branded watches. During that time I have attained internationally recognised industry qualifications and affiliations so Fairmind can continue to answer the questions of our clients and advise them effectively.
Jewellery can be some of the most treasured possessions within a family. Keeping them clean, repaired and information up to date means they can be cherished by the next generation too. When you consider most UK insurance companies require that items of jewellery are valued by a qualified valuer, who can appraise and arrive at a value employing appropriate methodology, then using an expert jewellery valuer makes total sense.
Memberships, Qualifications and Industry Events
- MIRV – Member of the NAJ’s Institute of Registered Valuers (IRV)
- GA Cert – FGA Foundation from Gemological Association of Great Britain (GEM-A)
- PJ-Dip – Professional Jewellers’ Diploma from National Association of Jewellers (NAG)
- CAT – Certificate of Appraisal Theory from National Institute of Registered Valuers (IRV)
- CPAA – Certified Pearl Specialist with the Cultured Pearl Association of America (Pearls as One)
- Assessing Mounted Diamonds – from the Gemological Association of Great Britain (GEM-A)
- Regular Attendee of the Loughborough Valuers Conference
- Regular Attendee of International Jewellery London (IJL) and Basle Trade Fair