“In recent years I have found my clients need affordable and accurate valuations and where to go for these can be a minefield.”
As the daughter of an auctioneer and valuer, it was no surprise when I went into jewellery after leaving University. In 1995 I started working for an Internationally renowned Family Jewellers based in London, where my work revolved around Certificated gemstones, handmade fine jewellery and branded watches. My family and I, moved back to Cheshire in 2008 where I joined another Family Jewellery firm whose antique and vintage jewellery were exceptional. It was their support that motivated me to create Fairmind in 2017.
During those 25 years, I have attained internationally recognised industry qualifications, affiliations and contacts so Fairmind can continue to answer the questions of our clients and advise them effectively.
Jewellery can be some of the most treasured possessions within a family. Keeping them clean, repaired and information up to date means they can be cherished by the next generation too. When you consider most UK insurance companies require that items of jewellery are valued by a qualified valuer, who can appraise and arrive at a value employing appropriate methodology, then using an expert jewellery valuer makes total sense.
Memberships and Qualifications
- MIRV – Member 98519 of the NAJ’s Institute of Registered Valuers (IRV)
- MJVA – Member 20181 of the Jewellery Valuers Association (JVA)
- Member of Gemological Association of Great Britain (GEM-A)
- Member of Jewellery Valuers of the World (JAW)
- Member of the National Association of Jewellers (NAJ)
- GA Cert – Gemmology Foundation from Gemological Association of Great Britain (GEM-A)
- PJ-Dip – Professional Jewellers’ Diploma from National Association of Jewellers (NAG)
- CAT – Certificate of Appraisal Theory from National Institute of Registered Valuers (IRV)
- CPAA – Certified Pearl Specialist with the Cultured Pearl Association of America (Pearls as One)
- Assessing Mounted Diamonds – from the Gemological Association of Great Britain (GEM-A)
Knowing absolutely nothing about diamonds and jewellery, it was an absolute pleasure to meet Annabell who helped us value our new engagement ring. The personal approach and expertise Annabell has made us feel really comfortable using her service to value our ring. I have already recommended Annabell to many of my family and clients.
Annabell’s advice, expertise and enthusiasm was invaluable. I subsequently had my mum’s engagement ring set into a pendant and my grandma’s ring altered to fit my finger. I would recommend Annabell to any of my friends wishing for valuation services.