No need to send your jewellery and watches away or wait for weeks to get it back from a local jeweller. We value your jewellery while you wait at our discreet Chester office. We charge fixed, transparent prices so we are often less expensive too.
Most UK insurance companies now require that watches and items of jewellery, for home insurance, are valued by a qualified valuer. The resultant values are based on what it would cost to replace the lost item with the same or comparable item. This service includes reviewing the type of policy you hold and the items that you wish to insure. This makes sure you only pay for what you own but enough to cover you fully in the event of a loss or claim.
This service includes an office appointment, detailed appraisal, a fully researched document (online and hard copy) and digital photographs.
- Free pre-valuation consultation
- Document and first item – £80
- Subsequent items and watches £50
- In some cases, Items under your specified limit can be added to your report at a £20 per item in a shortened form.
- Single diamonds over 1ct and more complicated items – £80
- Single diamonds and Important coloured stones over 2ct – See high net worth service
- 20% off Re-valuation – 20% off the current price at the time of re-valuation. The item must be one we have already prepared a valuation for and be no more than 5 years since we saw it.
Prices are set for items that have paperwork such as certificates, previous valuations or receipts. If you have no paperwork whatsoever there may be an additional fee for the additional complexity of the appraisal.